Monday, August 20, 2007

little bits

Today is the first day that I have Levi and Lilah home while Ezra is in school. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. These two have bursts of wonderful play together in between long stretches of a men-are-from-Mars-women-are-from-Venus dynamic.

I suspect I'll be hearing a lot of "When is Ezra going to be home?" today.

****

As I was driving him home from school on Friday, Ezra said, "What I'm wondering is this. I'm wondering when I'm going to have a friend." (Kill me right now, why don't you, kid.)

More later.

****

[Updated to add:]

We had a peaceable, if somewhat unfocused, day together. One thing I realized is how much the kids and I have functioned--and dysfunctioned--as a unit. Having a piece of that unit missing is going to take some getting used to.

The other thing I realized is that taking care of two kids is ridiculously easy.

No comment from Ezra upon pick-up about making friends, but a radiant smile on his face nonetheless. And that was before the big hug he got from his brother.

1 comment:

dead-blog said...

Aw. No doubt he'll have a friend sooner than he thinks. School's kinda good that way. :)