Monday, August 13, 2007

I ain't never satisfied

I took Ezra to meet his teacher last week, and now I'm not sure where I got the impression that she was stern and cold. She greeted Ezra with a huge hug and was incredibly sweet the entire visit, taking him around to the different centers, asking him questions, smiling and holding his hand.

Frankly, it was a bit too much. She was kind of fussing over him--all up in his face and not giving him the freedom to acclimate on his own terms. The worst part was that she didn't shift gears when he withdrew; she was oblivious to his cues. She seemed like she was in her own little rainbows-and-puppies world, la de da, la de da, and this was how she was going to be no matter what the reaction was.

Really, there is no pleasing me.

But! I still think she's going to be great, and in all fairness, he'd be shy and reticent around any new teacher. He's just that kind of kid. I bet he'll have a rockin' year with her--even though she explained that the children were going to be arranged in a semi-circle "kind of like an amplitheater."

No comments: