Saturday, November 24, 2007

tagged

I have been tagged by Elizabeth Coplan at A Wild Ride to do a meme.

First, the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Now, the meme:
I did just recently do 100 things, all of which are random (although, as my best friend and I used to joke many, many years ago, pretending we were at a cocktail party trying to say something profound and impressive, is anything ever really random?), and many of which are probably weird. But of course, there's always more:

1. I wear socks to bed in the cooler weather, and every morning--inexplicably, confoundingly--I wake up with my left sock on and my right sock off.
2. I once took six pregnancy tests over the course of a 10-day period, so convinced was I that I was pregnant, so hopeful was I that I was pregnant, which, okay, what the hell was I thinking? I had a two-year-old and a seven-month-old at the time.
3. I don't really like ice cream anymore.
4. I've never kissed a girl. But I've thought about it plenty.
5. When I was eight, I had a Dorothy Hamill haircut. Smokin'.
6. There was a period in my life when I all I ate was cereal. I bought whatever was on sale at Star Market, and that was that, though I must admit I was especially excited when it was Golden Grahams.
7. Most of the time, I feel like a total failure.

These are the fine folks I've tagged:
tinytinbird
lauren
aaryn
goodlooking
dogfaceboy
edgymama
jodi

Go check them out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Came here from dogface boy. #7, I can relate to that.

Lauren said...

I traveled all day yesterday so I missed your tag!

I am all over it in a few hours. {gotta get the kids ready for school}

aaryn b. said...

i'm going to work on this. done it once before so i'm gonna change it up per your request. and i probably won't tag anyone since people seem to get so mad at me. stay tuned.

(oh, and remember: you may *feel* like a total failure but you're *not* a total failure. go easy on yourself, grrrrrl.)

Jessica R. said...

Oh, friend, you're not the only one who always feels like a failure...