Friday, November 2, 2007

probably not what she signed on for

I wrote a note to Ezra's teacher asking for more details about the inappropriate language. Did he really not remember the word? Was it sometimes inappropriate or always inappropriate? Did it seem like he understood what he was saying?

She wrote back today that Ezra told her the word later (i.e., I guess, he did in fact remember it). She also said that it qualified as an always "bad" word, and she didn't want to write it down. I was instructed to call her for more information.

I left a message for her this evening. I have no idea when she'll get back to me. She's a kind woman with a school-age daughter and I'm sure they have plans for the weekend--a PG movie tonight, perhaps, with a big bucket of popcorn between them; tomorrow, a walk in the woods to enjoy the foliage, an afternoon in the yard raking leaves.

In the meantime, I've decided the offending word must be cocksucker. It's both long and unfamiliar, so it matches the description Ezra gave me yesterday.

But I won't know for sure until I hear it from the kindergarten teacher's mouth.

3 comments:

CincyNat said...

Awww, c'mon! Everybody says that one! No? Sorry, lame attempt at humor. Seriously, the bad language thing has always been my biggest fear. What will they say in school? And now my teenager really does have a potty mouth. Oh, yeah. I rule. Hopefully it's not as bad as you're thinking. And, hey! Wasn't he just repeating what his little friend said?

suchsimplepleasures said...

my son has gotten into trouble, numerous times, for calling his preschool classmates "buttholes"!
oy vey!!!!!! that's what happens, in my house, when he hangs out with his big brothers and sisters. they teach him, while hysterically giggling, the most obnoxious words. which, of course, he repeats at nursery school.
it's always a trip...having kids!

Unknown said...

Hmmm so that is the word then huh? Wow, I only imagined the teacher sitting there not wanting to repeat it in a note...but she will say it to you? LOL If it's that offensive I'd rather write it down!
The word in itself has been heard around my house numerous times, due to the fact that The Sopranos is highly watched her and one of the characters uses that an aweful lot...ahhh gotta love Paulie..and now...Ezra :) Will he get the soap treatment like little Ralphie did in A Christmas Story?