Sunday, May 27, 2007

easy street



Two days' worth of work. Half our stuff still out there. A total of about $150 earned. We're living high on the hog now, baby.


I think the secret to these unbelievable stats was the effort we put into product display. I mean, with all these items so artfully arranged, what passerby in their right mind wouldn't stop and think, Oh my god, I have always wanted one of these dirty plastic waste baskets! And finally, here's one at an affordable price!

Also, our kids were so helpful. For example, one guy was all prepared to pay $20 for an air conditioner till he tested it out with our extension cord. It made a really horrendous grinding sound and he didn't believe me when I told him it was supposed to sound that way. We looked in through the grate at the top and noticed that someone (who shall remain Ezra or Levi) had slipped a metal shelf bracket in through one of the slots. We were going to give it to the guy for free but he kindly offered us five bucks. Thanks, boys!

We did
meet several nice people and it was pleasant hanging out on the porch out of the blistering heat. So all in all, it wasn't the worst way to spend a Sunday.

No comments: