Thursday, April 3, 2008

not exactly what I had in mind

Levi eats his hot dogs plain--no bun, no relish, no ketchup. After serving him one the other night, per his request, I realized how pathetic and unbalanced it looked rolling around alone on his red plate. Sure, it was an organic beef hot dog--not the bad-for-you kind--and sure, I have incredibly low standards for dinner on the nights that Stupid Daddy is away in Georgia, but still: a kid needs more than that to make a meal.

"Levi," I said, "what are you going to eat for dinner besides a hot dog?"

There was a long pause while he chomped down and chewed.

"Another hot dog."

1 comment:

KD said...

Yum yum. I remember one Thanksgiving when I was totally grossed out by turkey and insisted on a hot dog.

I like how Levi doesn't mess around with all the extras; it's like he's saying, "Let's get real, Mommy, the hot dog is the main point, right? All this other stuff just gets in the way."