Thursday, September 27, 2007

shocking semi-news

I kind of think I'm becoming nice.

These days, I say hi to people without waiting for them to say hi to me. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Yesterday at the dentist's office, I was gracious with the syrupy sweet and vapid hygienist whose attempts at chit-chat have previously driven me crazy. I've humbly reconciled with three important people in my life (even though, in each case, the conflict was totally their fault). The bitterness that I've lived with for most of the last 39 years seems to have just gone poof.

This is all extremely strange and disorienting. I've been so busy trying to acclimate to this new reality that I haven't had time to fully considered its possible ramifications or its probable causes (though an identity crisis, concerns about going "soft," and having more than one friend are among the likely candidates for the former, and a successful run with Zoloft and my approaching 40th birthday are certainly suspects for the latter).

I'll keep you posted as the story develops.

No comments: