Wednesday, October 3, 2007

a contradiction

Levi, in the car this morning on the way to school:

"Mommy, I really want to grow up right now and be Spiderman, and you're not letting me!"

So on the one hand, he really does believe his mommy is omnipotent--just as they say kids this age do. I have so much power that I can control how quickly my son grows and determine his future as a superhero.

On the other hand, he acts like I don't hold any of the cards at all. I can't get the damn kid to put his shoes on, or climb up the stairs at bedtime, or get into the car after school without several increasingly loud demands reminders.

Maybe I should start telling him that I'm not going to let him be a superhero when he grows up unless he follows directions. Maybe I should tell him I'm going to turn him into Dora or Cinderella or some other gross, yucky girl icon instead. Ha!

Why didn't I think of this before? He's so got another thing coming to him when I pick him up later today. Sucka!

No comments: